12.29.2010

We were dreaming...

Of a white Christmas, =) but it wasn't to be (until after)! Sheldon was going back to work on Tuesday this week for a couple days, after having a few days off over the kids' winter break... But we had all taken turns (except Sheldon) being sick with a nasty virus/cold, and by Tuesday morning I was really miserable! He stayed home to bring Aaron to his doctor appointment, and to come with me to bring Nathan to a dental appointment! So Wednesday morning he left for work, but was back home 45 minutes later. He couldn't get to the freeway entrance to head north, due to the SNOW!

I took the above picture later that morning! It would have been hard to believe his story, if we didn't know he was honest! (It was very strange; Annaliese's friend who had stayed over night, lives by the elementary school, where there wasn't any snow. I was in Lynnwood, by the freeway entrance later that day, and there was A LOT of snow.)

We decided to go ahead with our plans to see the Woodinville Wonderland that night. It's now a tradition, as we went last year also! We had planned on going before Christmas, however, it rained that night! We bundled up, listened to Christmas music in the car, via our ipod, and drove to the SNOW, only 38 minutes away!

Annaliese and Natalie

The boys loved the snow! It was a great outing! They have an amazing display of decorations and figures (including a VERY real looking Santa moving in the window) and lights all set to music!

4 comments:

  1. That Christmas display looks amazing! We actually got our white Christmas this year - the snow started that afternoon. First time ever for us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the snow came a few days late, but I'm glad you still got some snow. That Christmas lights display place looks so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man I wanted to go see the lights this year too. But the night that we were going to go I got sick and so we ended up not going. Boo. Looked like a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That light display looks so fun {and definitely more festive in snow than in rain}! I wish we could have gone with you! =)

    ReplyDelete