As I dashed into the gymn with Evan and Natalie's new black shoes in hand just before the concert started (Sheldon & Annaliese were already there), Natalie whispered to me, "Mrs. VanKempen just asked me to be the Concert Master!"
Natalie was introduced, and then stood to help the orchestra tune their instruments in preparation for the concert to begin! It was very exciting!
We forgot our camera, so a Dad from our ward took this picture of her for us (her teacher is standing in the background). Sidenote: Mrs. VanKempen was also Sheldon's fantastic orchestra teacher for violin in middle school!
11.13.2009
Concert Master!
Natalie plays violin and was 1st chair in her fall middle school orchestra concert this month!
As I dashed into the gymn with Evan and Natalie's new black shoes in hand just before the concert started (Sheldon & Annaliese were already there), Natalie whispered to me, "Mrs. VanKempen just asked me to be the Concert Master!"
Natalie was introduced, and then stood to help the orchestra tune their instruments in preparation for the concert to begin! It was very exciting!
We forgot our camera, so a Dad from our ward took this picture of her for us (her teacher is standing in the background). Sidenote: Mrs. VanKempen was also Sheldon's fantastic orchestra teacher for violin in middle school!
As I dashed into the gymn with Evan and Natalie's new black shoes in hand just before the concert started (Sheldon & Annaliese were already there), Natalie whispered to me, "Mrs. VanKempen just asked me to be the Concert Master!"
Natalie was introduced, and then stood to help the orchestra tune their instruments in preparation for the concert to begin! It was very exciting!
We forgot our camera, so a Dad from our ward took this picture of her for us (her teacher is standing in the background). Sidenote: Mrs. VanKempen was also Sheldon's fantastic orchestra teacher for violin in middle school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations, Natalie! That sounds like such an honor. I'm sure you carried the evening gracefully... as usual. =)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I have a middle schooler in orchestra, too, so I can appreciate what an honor that was for her! I'm just glad you made it with her shoes BEFORE she was introduced. =)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Natalie! What an accomplishment! I'm glad you got a picture of it after all.
ReplyDelete