He impersonated Simon from the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks and got so many laughs that he told me after school he wants to bring them for show and tell every time! =)
And Nathan just kept asking about 'his red cake' for his birthday (see the post -- Nathan turned 3). I finally showed him the red velvet cake mix and the bundt pan I have.
11.23.2009
All in a month...
Evan's school teacher gave her students the assignment to enter the 3rd grade 'Best Book I Ever Read' Poster Contest. They had to come up with their own covers for a favorite book. Drawing is not one of Evan's interests, and it was a pretty painful experience for him, but all of his hard work paid off!
He did a Calvin and Hobbes and won an Honorable Mention! He and his family were also invited to an award winners' reception at the library with a real book illustrator, and his poster is displayed at the art center in Edmonds! There were only 20 honorable mentions out of over 100 entries from 6 elementary schools in Edmonds. Yay Evan!
I can't resist posting this picture of Aaron which definitely shows his personality! He brought those glasses to Kindergarten for show and tell!
Annaliese (5th grade) is a cross guard before and after school for their elementary school. She has two-week stints with about 4 weeks off in between. I'm glad that she has that opportunity!
I had always dreamed of having a china cabinet for all of my china and glass ware! I had been searching Craig's List for a very long time! And with a deal that I couldn't pass up, and using all the coins we had been saving in a jug for 3 years for something special -- we now enjoy this beautiful piece of furniture =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a gorgeous china cabinet! And you got it by using saved coins... wow, that is great! I love Aaron's glasses. He has such a fun personality. I love that Nathan finally got his red cake. You are a good mom for making him 2 cakes this year. :o)
ReplyDelete