12.26.2011

Christmas Time Activities!

For a family activity this year,
we made graham cracker houses =)
 I made the icing using an internet recipe,
and really thought the houses would be much easier to make!
 The Evan, Dad & Natalie team won!
The Aaron, Mom, Annaliese & Nathan's team's house wouldn't stay up =(
This activity most likely won't become a family tradition!

Annaliese on right

Annaliese's school friend has a December birthday, =)
and invited her to go out to dinner with their family
& then to see (the world's favorite fairy tale) Rodgers & Hammerstein's
Cinderella musical at The (beautiful) 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle!

What do you get with
9 - 1/3 cups butter
6 cups powdered sugar
22 - 1/2 cups flour
1 cup corn starch
4 - 2/3 cup sugar
6 eggs & 4 egg yolks
1 cup shortening
some extracts, food coloring, baking powder & soda,
salt, milk, crushed peppermint candy, chocolate chips & peach jam?
Double batches of these favorite Christmas Cookies;
Peppermint Meltaways
Classic Spritz Cookies
Brown-Eyed Susans
Candy Cane Cookies &
Jam Thumbprints
Thanks to Natalie for helping me
make all the dough this year! =)

Grandma Knowlton & Annaliese
We spent Christmas Eve afternoon
at Jeanine's sister's home
eating dinner, opening gifts,
playing games & watching the Seattle football game!

3 comments:

  1. Thomas thinks all those cookies and activities sound fun. =) What a fun way to celebrate a birthday, Annaliese! {I'm kind of jealous. ;)} Don't give up on graham cracker houses yet, Jeanine! You can always try a new recipe next year -- and maybe go for graham cracker nativities instead {which I found on Pinterest and think is such a cute idea!} =) We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! I have a friend who does the graham cracker houses, but they use hot glue. Those houses definitely stay together, and you can really let your imagination go crazy. =)
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Megan, try another frosting recipe next year. I wonder if store-bought frosting would hold up better? What fun activities. As a side note, I really like your hair in the first picture, Jeanine. Did you get a new haircut? It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete