9.23.2009

Just a year wiser, not older, please!

I don't feel a day over 30-something, so I announced to my (sentimental) girls that we didn't need to celebrate my birthday anymore. And, they would have nothing to do with it! Secretly, I was glad, (I mean I like celebrations), but, it would be easier if the year(s) didn't go by so quickly! It WAS a wonderful day and evening with birthday wishes from family and friends, balloons, flowers, cards and gifts! It was even ok that both our boys were home from school not feeling well, and that we had parent curriculum night at the middle school for Natalie. Walking the halls and going to classes at the school made me feel young(er) again!

Sheldon even bought me the bike I'd asked for, so that I could go riding with the kids! =)

But since Sheldon is turning 30-something next month, and I am somewhat older than he is (shhh), I decided that now I am 30-something and holding! For those of you who aren't older, you'll understand the emotions when you get there =) So please, only tell me if I seem a year WISER than last =) If I look a year older, just, you know, humor me!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday. Why not become the same age as your husband? No one {except maybe your family} will challenge that! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries - you must only be getting wiser because as far as I'm concerned, you still look as young as you did in our Orem days!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! Of course you look as great as ever. I always say all of us are young... in aging bodies. ;) I love your bike, what a great present! Happy birthday, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jeanine! I'm glad your kids wouldn't let your birthday go. Good for them.
    As for the one year older and wiser...I can't really imagine you actually getting wiser, because I've always admired how truly wise you are...so even more wise? It may be pushing it. But, it's been awhile since we've chatted, so I can't really say for sure.
    But although we've not chatted for awhile, I can see your current picture and you still look lovely...and not a bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't look a DAY over 30-something for sure! Beautiful and young as ever - glad to hear your birthday was a good one!

    ReplyDelete