9.10.2009
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to School we Go!
Natalie's 1st day of middle school (7th grade). She didn't want her picture taken before school, because she was so nervous -- very apparent :) She leaves at 7:25 to catch the bus for the 8:00 start time.
Nathan and I followed shortly after to walk to the elementary school (only 2 blocks away) with the 3 other kids (Annaliese; 5th grade, Evan; 3rd grade & Aaron; Kindergarten) for their 8:00 start time. There were only enough kids for 1 half-day K class, so it's from 8:00 - 10:40 am.
Happy to be going to school!
After we arrived, Aaron informed me that he felt like he was going into 9th grade! (now how did he come up with 9th grade??)
After school, Aaron showed Nathan what he had done =)
And then he summed up his 1st day for me in 3 words: "It was great!"
What a relief, although I wasn't too worried since his school day is less than 3 hours and it looked like an easy transition from his preschool classroom setting!
Side note: He heard 1 of his siblings say the 1st day was boring, and Aaron picked up on that 'attitude.' I had to have Aaron look in the mirror today, day #3 and say "I will have a great day!" I hope I don't have to have him do that every day!
And Natalie arrived home and announced that she wished she hadn't worried so much! (We have similar personalities :( She had a great day meeting new friends & visiting all 7 of her classes (1st day & Fridays only).
All said -- all 4 of them will have a great school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I might have to try that mirror trick with Thomas! I'm so glad the first day went well for everyone.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like quite a morning getting everyone off to school on time. That first day is always scary, isn't it? What will you do with yourself with just Nathan at home this year? I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you busy. :)
ReplyDeleteI love first-day-of-school pictures!
ReplyDeleteThat's nice you have such a short kindergarten day. Here in NC, they start out going the full day right from the start.
And I have to say, I love that you can walk your elementary kids to school. Two blocks away sounds heavenly! =)