7.11.2011

Skirts!

Dilemma:
What to wear for church on Sundays?
We were able to purchase some tops for the girls,
but skirts have been pricey and 'short in length' in stores...
Natalie has one skirt (green/blue leaf pattern below) that she loves,
so after the girls each chose 2 different cotton prints
and I picked out 1 print for myself
at Jo-Ann Fabrics on sale,
I washed & dried the fabric 1st, =)
and then used Natalie's skirt as the pattern,
(since I do NOT read patterns =)

Two pieces cut on the fold from 2 yards of fabric each, ribbon for the waist; NO elastic, NO zipper =),

and in 1 afternoon...

Natalie and Annaliese in 1 new skirt each =)

I am excited! I should be able to sew 3 more skirts this week!

3 comments:

  1. They are so darling Jeanine! I am impressed that you don't use a pattern. Maybe I'll try to sew some skirt sometime. Patterns intimidate me a little! :)
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I wish I could see them up close, though. =) Can't wait to see which one turned out to be yours. =D

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sending you my measurements... =)

    ReplyDelete