7.21.2011

Strawberry Jam!

Some friends moved out of state this month and
said we could have some of their strawberry plants!
They weren't able to enjoy the berries before they
moved due to our rainy weather/lack of sunshine. =(
Not to deter anyone from moving here, but we have
only had 5 sunny days total during June and July so far =(
It was a feat for a friend and I
to tug and pull those cement cylinders
out of the ground,
and we hope we didn't send the plants
into shock with the traumatic upheaval! =(
Right after transplanting,
I was able to pick enough berries to make freezer jam,
and strawberry milkshake for dinner =)
Thanks Lovell's!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love freezer jam. We made raspberry this year with some berries Ryan's grandma gave us. However, I think fresh strawberry milkshakes are the best thing to do with them!
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that there were enough ripe berries for jam AND shakes! So SO glad you could get them out of our yard and into yours. I hope they flourish for you. =D

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was in the mood for missing Seattle, you've deterred me! I remember how much I missed the sun there! Here, I think we've had about 5 days in June and July less than 80 degrees and most above 90! Some overcast clouds every now and then are a welcome relief! Poor Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you've only had 5 days of sun! I think we've probably only had 5 days of rain! =)

    Love the strawberry jam! It's funny to think you're just getting berries now. Our strawberry season here is May! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was me (Karen) in that last comment. Not sure what's wrong, but it's only letting me post if I choose anonymous! =0

    ReplyDelete