6.11.2010

Too much fun!

Although I was finally petless having sold our parakeet/cage/food/etc. and
had "almost" vowed we wouldn't have another pet, while we're renting anyway,
our neighbors came to our rescue once again!
The kids were pleading for some kind of pet,
and I began to really consider having a duckling that we could keep outside...
When our neighbor knocked on our door!
They have 2 dogs, just received a cat, and their hamster wasn't going to last at their house =)
It was a resounding YES at ours.
(Isn't Rino cute?! And he's so low maintenance!)
The kids chose his name from the movie Bolt =)
He sleeps a LOT, but when he's not sleeping...

We put him in his ball to roll through our main floor! It's so fun to watch him travel! Welcome to our house Rino!

Natalie ran for the chair of Spirit Committee for next year at her middle school!
She turned in 3 teacher recommendations, got enough student signatures, made posters and wrote a speech!
It was a great experience!
Although she didn't get the chair position, she is hoping to be on the committee next year in 8th grade!
Go Natalie!

3 comments:

  1. We love our hamster, too! I'm not a huge pet person, so that's about all I can handle. =)

    I'm so impressed with Natalie's run for office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Natalie... That does sound like a great experience for her.

    What a cute hamster! I love the name choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're all enjoying your new pet. =)

    Congratulations on the run for office, Natalie; even though you didn't get the position, I'm sure you learned some great skills for future endeavors. I love the hedgehog on your poster!

    ReplyDelete