2.15.2011

Two-day Special

(Santa brought me these wall stickers, which I put up in our bathroom.)

Holidays give reminders to create ways to love much!

We love Valentine's Day because

we love to celebrate!

The middle school ASB planned a Spirit day on Valentine's =)

Accordingly, Natalie decked out!

(The hot pink neon shorts were so big that she could wear them

over pink cords; but those shorts were just too perfect to pass up!)

Annaliese, Evan and Aaron all celebrated at

school with class Valentine/or gratitude parties!

Lots of treats and sugar!

Nathan and I went to a get-together on Valentine's

at one of the homes of a child in his Primary class.

Though he opted out of both craft projects =)

No bag decorating or cookie making for our child!

The remote control train set was much more enticing =)

He did bring home this very cute Valentine's balloon though!

I picked up a heart-shaped pizza and a s'mores dessert pizza

for dinner from Papa Murphy's for the kids.

Then I was off to meet Sheldon at the Marysville Opera House.

We went to the Valentine's wedding/dinner of a co-worker.

We normally don't get anything extra-special for the kids,

since we've always told them it's just extra-special for Mom and Dad!

However, I found super cute stuffed animals at the after-Valentine's

sale last year for the kids this year... =)

(My Valentine flowers from Sheldon on the table =)

He most likely won't wear the Valentine tie to church that I gave him =)

But I just couldn't pass it up!

(There may be an occasion some time to wear a black tie with a red lip pattern??)

Natalie & 2 of her girl friends each received a rose

the day after Valentine's from a mutual friend at school.

(He had forgotten them at home the day before =)

That evening I was able to go with the girls

for Annaliese's 1st youth baptism trip!

I had gone with Natalie on her 1st trip also, when she turned 12.

(That was the YW President's idea at the time =).

We had a wonderful evening with our ward's youth and leaders in the House of the Lord (the Seattle Temple)!

3 comments:

  1. Love all of the fun Valentine's surprises and activities! Now I'll just be waiting to see Sheldon in that tie!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annaliese looks so grown up in that last picture! I love your new wall stickers, and I love how many festive touches your 2 days had. Fun for Natalie to receive a Valentine rose. =) With such a festive Valentine's Day this year, next year will probably be pretty tame. =) {Unless you were out planning yesterday for next year? ;)}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture! 3 beautiful girls!! We got the same heart-shaped pizza on Monday too. :) You guys always have such fun ideas for making the holidays special!!

    ReplyDelete