5.09.2011

A Wonderful Day, It Was!

From beginning to end, it was a Happy Mother's Day!
Sheldon orchestrated with the kids my traditional 'breakfast in bed'
before church.
He and the kids spoiled me!
They gave me cards, flowers and other gifts too =)
After my "THANK YOU to all of you," Aaron remarked with
his eyes crossed, "and your welcome to all of you because I
see two of you." He cracks me up!
School and Primary teachers made sure their kids' moms were
taken good care of too with cards, poems and gifts.
The Primary children sang so sweetly 'The Family is of God' in
Sacrament Meeting in honor of the day.
(We teachers didn't even
have to help them! =)
I wrote a quote down from one of the two Sacrament Meeting talks given by
two of the Relief Society sisters.
"If I could change the name of Mother's Day, I would change it to
'The day we recognize women of faith, hope and charity'
I love that!
I appreciate all the good women who have such a positive influence on
each of us as we go through life.
One of my Mother's Day gifts was the booklet by Sheri Dew,
'Are We Not All Mothers?'
I'm also looking forward to reading my two other new books,
'Miles to Go (The Walk Series)' and 'The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott a novel' =)
As we left church, all of the women in our ward received homemade cupcakes and
bookmarks in recognition of our special day. =)
That afternoon we visited Sheldon's mom
and wished her a Happy Mother's Day with 'butterfly theme' gifts and a card.
We recognized Mother's Day for my mom
before my parents left on a 3-month long trip =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day because you deserve it! You are an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete