9.07.2011

Labor Day!

We really enjoyed our 2nd to LAST day of summer vacation
stress-free! =)
We didn't go camping this summer at Cascade Park
(church property 45 minutes NE),
so we took
advantage of the BEAUTIFUL weather on Monday
and spent the afternoon there
playing at the river...

It's great when the kids are all working together,

getting along,

and having fun all at the same time

in the great outdoors! =)

Some finished sand castles Annaliese & Aaron

Aaron (blue), Annaliese, & Natalie (pink)

The river was extremely low this year, however,

I was informed that the water was still FREEZING!

Natalie & Sheldon went all the way across,

and even though they didn't get completely wet,

they were COMPLETELY numb!

Thank you Natalie for going with Dad, so that I didn't have to =)

Evan and his mud ball,

made with some sand found in just a small patch!

It was SO rocky (see behind)!

And then some fun on the cool bucket swings

Annaliese & Nathan

Natalie & Aaron
Natalie & Evan
And then time at the new playground,
and playing some frisbee (with Sheldon),
before we headed home for dinner!
Aaron testing the Law of Physics =) Natalie (left) is loving this,
but my leg muscles were so SORE for 2 days,
that I could hardly walk! =)

3 comments:

  1. That new playground looks fun! I'm glad you guys got some good weather so you could enjoy some water play before school started. And who knew that teeter-tottering was such strenuous exercise?! ;)

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys started school WAY later than we did. Fun sand castles! Looks like you had a blast.
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff. Travis has the same Mario shirt as Aaron. I love teeter-totters!!!

    ReplyDelete