8.24.2009

Happy Baking!

We had a ward picnic activity at Edmonds Park on August 1, including a pie making contest. At the last minute, I decided to make yet another apple pie. All year I've been using the apples we had picked, peeled, sliced & frozen from our apple tree and a ward member's apple tree last year! All the work last year has been so worth it all year long!
I'm not an apple pie lover, but this is a fabulous recipe! Ok, so it doesn't look that beautiful with the crumb crust, but it's to die for!
My pie came in 2nd place in the pie contest :) My mom was always the baker! I think she would be proud. Normally I'm not a very competitive person, but I think I'm going to work on perfecting the crust. It really needs to be a lighter color... =) I'm looking forward to the next contest now!

3 comments:

  1. I think your pie looks great! Pie baking is something I'm still trying to master!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I tasted that pie which is too bad because I think crumb crusts make everything tastier!! =) Congrats on the 2nd place finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks wonderful... apple pie is my all-time favorite, especially with a crumb crust! Good job placing 2nd, that's great!!

    ReplyDelete