I am in the middle of doing a small project to display a couple of pen & ink art pieces he had only been able to start for us (see above).
I am grateful for the mirror etching he gave us for a wedding gift, & for all those "pieces of himself" he left behind. He had given many pieces of art to my parents.
As Sheldon and I walked around Pike Place Market on the waterfront in Seattle for our anniversary and saw all of the artwork, I thought of my brother. He sure had the talent...
I had the opportunity to give the eulogy at Mike's memorial service the end of June, which included a poem I wrote and dedicated to him. Our mom was even so thoughtful as to turn it into a bookmark.
Our children sang the song "I Am a Child of God," and that's what tied the whole program together. No matter our life's course, we are each a child of God.
Printed on the back of the program was a poem that was found in his apt. from The Book of Counted Sorrows. It's a great reminder for us all -- "[our] path is lit by [our] own fire." Are we going where we desire?
Until we see you again, we love you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment