8.07.2009

Summertime!

School was out on the 19th of June. Natalie graduated from 6th grade/elementary school! Wow -- Middle School soon!
Go Nat!
We've had a fantastic summer so far!
Evan attended his 1st cub scout camp at Lynndale Park June 22 - 25 & loved it! His Dad even helped out. We had a great trip to UT for the 1st time as a family since we moved back to WA 10 years ago! We went to Bear Lake 1 day where all the cousins (Sheldon's family) were together, & rode on ski-doos!

We visited SLC -- Temple Square, Conf. Center, JS film, & rode on the trax system -- all in 95 degree heat! Do we look like we're melting?

Sheldon went on the semi-high (22 mile) adventure hike in July for 4 days along the coast with the scouts in our ward -- came back in 1 piece, just very, very sore!
While Sheldon was gone, we endured over 100 degree heat -- in Edmonds, no less! The kids had a dental appt. in Woodinville on the 29th, & our van temp. guage showed 111 (it's pretty accurate to within a couple degrees)! For those who have lived in Seattle, the only problem is that we don't have home air conditioners! And one of our fans broke that night! We snatched one of my parents' fans the next day, since they were out of town for 2 weeks -- perfect timing :)

I'm still thinking about having a yard sale/with the emphasis on that lemonade stand I promised the kids we'd have this summer! I'm always looking for ways to downsize, clean out & organize our home, but tell me I'm crazy for having a yard sale 3 years in a row! We better do it next week...

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging. =) Looks like you're having a great summer so far. Good luck with the yard sale/lemonade stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see you guys over the 4th - Great pictures of everyone! I can't believe how all the kids have grown! Good luck with the yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me awhile to warm up to the idea of doing a blog, but I have to say, it's been fun! And now we have yours to follow, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you blogging! Dustin was excited to see a picture from the high adventure! Good luck with the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited you have a blog now! I loved reading about your summer. That's so neat that you were able to go to SLC and see temple square and all neat things there. What a cute family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite shot is of Sheldon. The one where he looks like a marine with his buzz haircut!! Booyah!

    :)
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to disappoint you Neil -- It must be the slant of the camera in this picture -- no buzz cut for him yet! =)

    ReplyDelete