11.02.2010

Halloween Time

Evan's cub scout pack picked out pumpkins on their outing to the farm/corn maze this month. Then for their pack meeting activity, the boys carved their jack-o-lanterns. I asked Evan to copy his jack-o-lantern face! That works =)

At Natalie's middle school, Friday was dress-up day during Spirit Week! She dressed as a princess =)

A family in our ward invited our family to a Halloween costume party before the trunk or treat! Good food, good company and a great excuse to dress up! Annaliese (princess) & Natalie (pioneer girl)

Nathan was born on November 1 because it seemed he was just 'scared' to come on Halloween! He has always been opposed to dressing up, so I resorted to a couple of 'little' threats this year. I know, I am terribly mean. He had to dress up for his sister's birthday/Halloween party, and to go trunk or treating. I insisted that he wear his super cute Woody costume. And he not only wore it both times, but he also liked the costume afterall! He even likes Halloween now =)

(I was given the costume, but found the boots & hat at the 2nd hand store!) Thanks Woody!

Aaron and Evan were both Ninjas

At the costume party, Sheldon (aka Phantom)
carved a quick but impressive jack-o-lantern (a cat with the moon & stars)! It's been since our Orem days that Sheldon & I both dressed up! Our inspiration came from
the 'masquerade ball' and
our love of Phantom of the Opera!

And now I have a formal to wear the next time we see a musical at The Paramount Theatre in Seattle!

After our 5-ward trunk or treat at the church building, (the 2 wards whose building recently burned down were invited), we stopped by both grandparents' houses for trick or treating (to show off costumes)!

Natalie & Nathan (the after a party & trunk or treat look) This year we didn't each have a pumpkin to carve for our traditional family activity. So instead we watched the movie Jumanji (scary enough for us!) and only had 2 takers for eating doughnuts off a string!

Yay Annaliese & Evan

3 comments:

  1. I love that you had to "make" Nathan dress up. And so glad to hear it won him over. The things we have to do as parents sometimes... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a pic of the cat/moon/stars pumpkin! =) Nathan made an adorable Woody; I'm glad he warmed up to the dress-up idea after all. =) Everyone looks great in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your and Sheldom's costumes! Everyone looked great for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete