Three of our kids performed in their Veterans Day assemblies at school.
The respectful behavior at the elementary school was so impressive!
They even had a 'moment' (minute) of silence
before 'taps' was played.
Aaron sang "I Love My Country" with all the 1st graders!
They even did the sign language to the song.
He had practiced for me at home before school.
Those 1st graders were super cute.
I know their music teacher loves working with the primary-age kids =).
How could he not?
Annaliese (6th grade) performed "America the Beautiful" with the band, playing her flute.
We attended Natalie's orchestra concert,
with the band and choir at the middle school
the evening before Veterans Day.
Since I took Nathan to the assemblies,
and he refused to stay at Natalie's,
I was glad I had already seen it.
(It was the new gym smell he couldn't take!)
Thanks to all the Veterans we celebrate,
who help to keep our great country free!
As Captain Moroni,
we fight for our liberty and freedom.
In our families alone,
Sheldon and I have uncles, a grandpa and my Dad
who have served or are currently serving in the military/armed forces;
Navy, Coast Guard and Green Beret/Army;
Three having served in the Vietnam War and during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Oh wow, I bet you were one proud mom. That's fantastic you have such musically talented children! Annaliese is sure looking grown up in that picture, by the way.
ReplyDeleteI love that they have Veteran's Day assemblies! How fun to have three different instruments to cheer on. =) The military holidays have a different and special meaning when you know and love someone who has served!
ReplyDeleteI love when people celebrate Veterans Day. It's so important. I've always said America does the 4th of July much better than Canada celebrates it's birthday, but that "Remembrance Day" (our Nov 11th day) is celebrated much better in Canada... but you did your country proud.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love Natalie's hair! Is that a new do? She's looking so grown up! It makes me feel so old to say, "I used to have her in primary!" (remember way back when you moved into the ward again and I was in the primary presidency?).
I love the assemblies! Veteran's Day is usually a school holiday here, so the purpose of the celebration is usually lost in the excitement the kids feel about getting a day off from school. =(
ReplyDelete