8.07.2011

Nichols' Family Reunion!

Bear Lake Utah/Idaho 2011

We stayed in this great cabin for 2 nights;

5 bedrooms/3 baths/3000 sq. ft.;

Almost big enough for 7 families; 36 people;

including 21 grandchildren

(Natalie at 14 1/2 is the oldest)!

We played games =)

'The girl cousins' nail party
Thanks Aunt Jenny!
Bear Lake from our cabin
And with the HIGH water level at Bear Lake this summer,
we needed to drive to the Idaho side to enjoy the beach
Bob, Dad Nichols, Aaron, Jeanine
We rode 'Sea Doos'!
Evan, cousin David, Nathan
The boys dug water trenches
Evan & Nathan We sat under the canopy in the heat =) The cousins rode in the canoe =
We love this lake!
Jeanine, Nathan & Sheldon
"This" is what we're talking about =)
Evan, Aaron & Sheldon Aaron, Annaliese, Natalie & Sheldon Aaron loved the water!
Evan with a fork in his hand!
Nathan & cousins Sam & David
Annaliese with cousin Brayden
Aaron with his sand ball
Aaron & cousin Carter
And they played in the sand!
The group enjoyed a stop for raspberry shakes on our way
back to the cabin =)
The only stop we missed was in Paris!
I SO wanted to say I went to 'Paris' this summer! =)
After 2 days of barbecues and sunburns
(2nd degree for our boys who don't usually see the sun!),
family singing and late night movies,
we have
GREAT MEMORIES,
and already are looking forward to the
next reunion!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun reunion. I've never vacationed at Bear Lake but I've heard lots of great things about it. What a beautiful view of the lake you had!
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I think we might've been at Bear Lake at the EXACT SAME TIME! We were also there for a family reunion - from August 1-6. And we also drove to Idaho to hit the beach. We went to North Beach. Wouldn't it be crazy (and truly sad) if we were there the same day and didn't know it?? If I get caught up on my blog, you'll see some very similar Bear Lake pics from us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were *almost* there at the same time. =) And we drove to the UTAH side to enjoy the free parking at the Garden City park. =D We usually go to the Idaho side, though.

    Looks like such a fun reunion {minus the sunburns}! So glad you had such a great time.

    -- Megan

    p.s. I've told you before that my dad always liked to tell people he went to high school in Paris, right?! =D

    ReplyDelete