What do you get with a stack of acid free colored paper,
a pair of scrapbooking scissors, a gelly roll pen, a box of
photo mounting squares and a box of copy safe sheet protectors?
In less than 2 weeks and with support and encouragement from our
teenage daughter Natalie,
she and I produced over 100 pages (200 front & back),
or about 3 years of family scrapbook history!
A little history:
My life's extra activities (scrapbooking) pretty much came to
a halt before our 4th, Aaron (now 7) was born.
When we moved to this house a year ago I felt pretty confident
I would begin 'scrapbook catch up' =)
However, months went by... and Natalie waited...
and in her words,
I "finally asked" her to be my assistant!
She dove in and has organized all the photos by year, and by month,
and then by day.
After I prepare the photos and write on the pages,
she attaches the adhesives and slips the pages into the protectors for me!
We are now starting on the year 2007! =)
At times it has seemed SO overwhelming, but Natalie reminds
me that you don't look at the BIG picture, (scrapbooking all 6 years), but
you tackle the project a few photos at a time each evening,
and sure enough 1 page turns into 2,
and 1 month turns into 2, and then into one year and then another...
(I see an analogy to life as well!)
Since we purchased a digital camera 3 1/2 years ago,
and I began our blog 2 years ago,
we don't have too many more years of family
scrapbooking to get caught up on =)
I found a great deal on 3 inch binders at Costco, so we will
begin filling them soon with the stack of Nichols' family history =)
After that, my helper will assist me in catching up on the kids' individual scrapbooks...
Sidenote:
Since I have finished the YW personal
progress Individual Worth value project,
I was able to write this 'project' up as an
Individual Worth value experience =)

Congratulations on a job well done! That is a big accomplishment, and I love that Natalie has been so excited to help you get through it {though you wouldn't know it by the photo ;)}. =)
ReplyDelete-Megan
Good job guys! Way to work as a team. What I wouldn't give to have a little scrapbook helper of my own... maybe I'll have one in about 10 years... :) I'm behind too and with each additional child I get more and more behind. It can be pretty overwhelming, but that's awesome you are slowly getting caught up!!
ReplyDelete-Marcie
Way to go!!!! That's no small feat! Good lesson too!
ReplyDelete