6.07.2011

Our family hike

Aaron has wanted to go on a family hike for a while! The girls and Sheldon and Evan have gone with the YW and scouts and cub scouts, so I guess he felt left out! We finally had beautiful weather and a free Saturday afternoon. We hadn't ever hiked DOWN (literally) the Meadowdale Beach Trail as a family.

Here's the family when we reached the beach and the end of the 1 1/2 mile long trail!

Great timing with a train passing by =)

Aaron and Evan on a 'teeter totter' log =)
I told Natalie and Sheldon I wouldn't post this picture on our blog,
but I didn't promise... =)
Nathan, Evan and Aaron
Annaliese
Sentimental Natalie found rocks at the beach that spell LOVE =) Annaliese hung back with me for a ways
hiking back UP the steep 1 1/2 mile trail...
The surroundings were beautiful!
And although the hike was exhausting,
it was a great feat for us, on all 14 of our feet, =)
and a great part of our exercise program for those of us

4 comments:

  1. You were brave doing that long of a hike with little ones, but what a fun family activity! I really, really miss the Seattle beaches.
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan just hiked that with the missionaries on Monday. I think we need to hike it as a family before we move. We did it when we first moved here, but not since Daniel joined us. =) As I remember, those steps are so tiring to come back up -- way to go Nichols! =D

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love that you didn't promise them you wouldn't post that picture. I hear that, too. "Mom, are you going to put that on the blog?" =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss that hike so much! It's just a perfect hike and so close too. And I'm so glad you posted the pic that you said you wouldn't. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete