3.06.2011

Homemade scarf!

After Natalie recently found a dressy scarf for a Spirit Day at school, I decided that I wanted to learn how to make my own dressy scarf =) I'm a hands-on learner as opposed to trying to interpret an instruction book =)
Since my mom lives close and has crocheted countless projects over the years, I knew she could be my resource! The most time-consuming part of my project was choosing the purple (Angel Hair) yarn from the huge selection at Jo-Ann Fabric! My mom had the hook and helped me get started with my (double crochet) scarf.

Afterwards, I read that "successful crocheting is not about making elaborate artful creations, it's a matter of confidence in what you're doing, and how to figure out what to do if things aren't going quite right." I really enjoyed the quick project, and now I'm thinking that perhaps I can learn another skill and create a project I've been dreaming of...

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so impressed! That turned out great! I' d still be crying in frustration, poring over the instruction booklet. =)

    I'm also a little jealous to hear you mention JoAnns. We don't have one here, so I only get to treat myself when we go to visit my in-laws in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed too. It looks beautiful and very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out! (I especially love the color! =D) I didn't know you wanted to learn to crochet. I know a nice simple crochet pattern for an afghan if you want me to show you sometime.

    So do you have a specific project in mind?

    ReplyDelete