It's raining (still!), it's pouring
(and yes, even for us Washingtonians,
we're ready for a break from the constant drizzle,
the cloud cover and the drench)
The old(er) man =), and most of our kids this week,
have been snoring
(Due to a very long week with virus symptoms;
fever, cough, congestion, and stomach ache)
Some went to bed with vaporizers, ibuprofen,
decongestants, cough drops, zinc drops, ear drops and Kleenex --
for relief in the head
And for most of the week,
couldn't get up in the morning.
We have had very stormy weather this week;
strong winds and rain,
(with our back fence almost blowing over),
But due to all the illness at our house
the kids didn't need to sing
Rain, rain, go away
Come again another day
[We all] want to play.
We were pretty confined to our 4 walls,
except for the have-to's (Dr. and pharmacy visits,
and Natalie's 2-day concert tour to 6 elementary schools
with 2 solo parts on Friday! =(

I have to admit, that's one thing I don't miss about Washington (the never-ending rain). I hope you all get feeling better soon!!
ReplyDeleteBeing sick is no fun! And constant gray skies just make everything so blah... but at least you didn't have to waste any of the fleeting sunshine on being stuck indoors sick, right? =) Maybe this means you've filled your quota so when the spring weather finally arrives you'll all be ready to enjoy every last moment of it! {I hope so!} =D
ReplyDeleteSo sorry your house has been filled with sickness! Hope it clears out soon...along with the skies. =)
ReplyDeleteOh, yuck... all the rain and sickness.. no fun! I love the way you posted along to the song, though... very fun!
ReplyDelete