I did some research on St. Patrick's Day.
Secular celebration March 17.
St. Patrick's Day remains a religious observance in Ireland, and
the shamrock was used to explain the Trinity.
We may not be Irish
(Saint Patrick was a patron saint of Ireland, 4th century), but
since it's [become] a celebration of Irish culture in general,
we do the wearing 'o the green (originally the color was blue =)
Aaron, Evan, Nathan, Annaliese
(Sheldon wore a green shirt to work, but I only had green socks!
Natalie had a Middle School Orchestra Festival all day in Edmonds; black/white outfits =)
and
the eating 'o the green at dinner! =)
And Aaron came home with a paper and a gold chocolate coin from school:
(the paper was a copy of a pot of gold and a leprechaun) and said;
If I were a leprechaun, I would hide my gold "in a sekret door."
That would be a good hiding place because "it is sekret."
If someone caught me and tried to find my gold, I'd trick him or her by
"make mor sekret doors."
His teacher wrote "Fun story!" =)
Here in the Emerald City; they observe the celebration with an Irish Festival.
I had no idea.
The parade is seen as 1 of the "Five places to get your green on" in America!
No pun intended; it's pretty green here!
How does that stack up against Chicago,
where they dye the River green each year for their celebration?!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm feeling a little "green" with envy at all the St. Patrick's Day fun at your house. =)
ReplyDeleteYou all look great! Love the pretty green jello! My brother is on his mission right now in Ireland but he actually got transferred to Scotland 2 days before St. Patrick's day. So he never got to experience a St. Patty's Day in Ireland... too bad!
ReplyDeleteYou are all a lot more festive about St. Patrick's Day than we are! Maybe it's because it's only 2 days before birthday season begins at our house? =) I had no idea there was an Irish Festival here, either... or that BLUE used to be the color for Ireland. =)
ReplyDelete