We have tried to convince Nathan to be potty trained for a very long time,
without success!
Pull-ups are expensive!
We've bribed him with the lollipops (that he picked out)
every time he goes in the potty.
But the lollipop bag sat untouched on top of the refrigerator for months.
Whenever he saw something cool at the store that he really wanted,
I would tell him that he could pick something out when he was completely potty trained.
Nothing was working!
He said he just didn't want to, and that sometimes he was afraid.
It became a family affair, with everyone encouraging him!
So, we're just not sure what finally happened.
Except Nathan did tell us that he would be potty trained when he was 4,
(and his birthday is on Monday).
I thought, "yikes, 4, I hope so!" and "do you know how much money we've spent?"
So the week before his 4th birthday:
We ran out of pull-ups, and although Nathan asked me to go to the store all day,
and he had 2 accidents that day,
that evening he used the restroom after Pack Meeting at the church.
We thought, 'a breakthrough... ???'
I purchased a package that night for 'night-time use only.'
And he hasn't had an accident since,
and has woken up with dry pull-ups for 3/4
mornings!
Do I hear 'a new season for us as parents?'
Our youngest is potty-trained! Woo-hoo!
He went to WalMart with me on Saturday to pick out a present.
You're welcome, and thank YOU!
A present that cost LESS than 2 packages of pull-ups = so worth it!

Hurray! You've definitely moved into a new season: time for your children to be costing you money in other ways. ;) I love his expression in that last picture. Nathan is such a sweetie! Good job and Happy early Birthday, Nathan!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely something to celebrate! I think you should've bought yourself something, too, Jeanine! =)
ReplyDelete