10.19.2010

Quilt project

I fell in love with a super cute quilt that I saw gifted at a baby shower last year!
I decided that was the quilt pattern I wanted to use to make a wall quilt!
I decided I would hang it next to the collage of pictures
that I took of the kids at Tulip Town last year!
My quilter friend Becky in our ward let me know all the supplies that I would need,
my girls helped me pick out all the colorful fabric at the store,
and then Becky helped me with all the steps;
cutting the squares, laying it all out, creating the binding and
making sure I sewed it all correctly! =)
I was able to count it as a Divine Nature Value project
in the YW Personal Progress program,
as I am earning the medallion (again, so many years later)
along with Natalie and soon along with Annaliese!
Some of the pictures in the collage
I love how the quilt turned out! So colorful and cheery!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jeanine! That turned out GREAT! I love those colors! I'm so impressed with you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! The colors you guys picked are some of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine, it turned out great! I can't wait to see it in person. =) I love the photo collage, too. Is that newly hung or have I just missed it all the times I've been at your house? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt turned out so beautiful!! I love all your color choices and how they came together. Those are also fun pictures with the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Megan, the collage hung in our dining room at the old house, here it's down in the family room =)

    ReplyDelete