10.01.2010

Boy Scouts/America

Sheldon did it! Remember the National Wood Badge training for leaders for 6 days last year? He had to finish a ticket (goals) which takes about 1 to 1 - 1/2 years to complete! He was the 1st in his Raven Patrol to complete his ticket. He attended a Stake Court of Honor where he received a Wood Badge plaque, neckerchief and woggle. His patrol came and supported him, and also presented him with a blanket with the Raven insignia that 1 of the ladies in his patrol had made! The Course Director at the Court of Honor said "Completing the Wood Badge ticket is like an Eagle project on steroids" =)

I was sad to have missed the evening. I had 3 classrooms to go to at the elementary school's curriculum night. His parents and grandma were there to support as well.

Wood Badge was a lot of hard work, but a great feeling of accomplishment! We're proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm super impressed. When I was a Cubmaster and went to the various council training meetings, the Wood Badge guys were like scouting royalty! =) I remember watching someone receive their Wood Badge, and they listed off everything the guy had done, and I remember thinking, "There's no way I could do that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great accomplishment! Congratulations Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete